Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I finished my study of gospel principles and went on to reread a book that helped me reach a richer level of faith with my prayers.  Life has been quite busy, but one question that keeps crossing my path concerns apathy.  I remember learning this word as a teen and thinking it was like a disease....  I was determined to avoid this condition...  Apathy has finally caught up with me, though I am not willing to go down without a fight...  However, I am not sure I have a battle plan or even see where the battle is being fought....  I want to explore some of my observations and see what I can learn.

As a mother and a wife, I've heard, "I don't care," too often.  My reply is always that I do care.  I've watched  those suffering with serious health issues be unwilling to do simple things to improve their health.  Why don't  they care?  I know I've seen those that want to hang onto their anger.  They don't want to let go of the anger, even though they know it is hurting themselves and those that they love.  Lifestyle choices from nutrition to addiction to physical fitness all bring about benefits from even small changes.

What is going on with our inability to care about choosing a positive action.  In my primary class, we say CTR (choose the right).  As I pondered this apathy, it brought to mind a principle I was taught as a youth about putting off the natural man.  Could this apathy be a need to put off the natural man?  I am certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment