Monday, November 15, 2010

Instant Vegetable Soup

In talking with my mom this morning and researching diabetes on the Mayo Clinic's website, I've made several discoveries.  I've made an appointment with a nutritionist for Wednesday and will pursue diet changes that I hope will lead to managing my blood sugar and getting rid of some symptoms that I am experiencing.  All this research, lead me to discover an instant soup recipe that was so delicious my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

In a micro-safe bowl, I added 1 cup broccoli, 2 tablespoons leftover rice and veggies, 2 oz shredded, cooked chicken, 6 oz low sodium V-8 Juice.  Except for the V-8, the ingredients were leftover.  I warmed the soup on the reheat setting in the microwave and enjoyed a tasty, healthy lunch in so time.  I can see taking the veggies and meat to work and adding the V-8 juice and heating it for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment