Thursday, November 4, 2010

Modern-day Quilting Bees

I've noticed that women have a need to gather together and to be productive. I wonder if quilting bees achieved both. Our need to gather together may be one reason the in-home sales parties are popular. I know I can think of several times that I've either joined or started a group that drew women together to share a potluck meal; to pray together; to study the scriptures; to play with out kids; etc.

The idea came to me when I was talking to my friend Asha that we should make time each week to get together and work on our projects. We were going to meet tomorrow to watch the Sound of Music, but she can't now. I've several projects that I want to do and have decided to invite other women to bring their projects to my house once a week. We can watch movies or whatever and work. I think that women do have a need to time to encourage and uplift one another. :-) I keep thinking that I will make time for the projects I have. However, without a specific block of time set aside, I am not getting them done. I am excited about the possibilities....

No comments:

Post a Comment